Behavior and Learning Assistance
At Montrose we have a BLA Div I and Div II class. Behaviour and Learning Assistance (BLA) programming supports students displaying chronic, extreme and pervasive behaviours. Students require close and constant adult supervision and a high level of structure to function in an educational setting.
- Develop and demonstrate positive behaviour and social skills
- Achieve academic goals
- Improved social skills
- Improved problem-solving skills
- Improved self-management and coping skills
- Structured classroom environment
- Predictable and clearly articulated routines, procedures, expectations and schedules
- Smaller classes for more targeted instruction
- Opportunities to join other classes for instruction in a student’s area of strength
Students must be in Grades 1 to 6 with severe emotional and behavioural challenges, and a clinical diagnosis. Contact your child’s school for information about eligibility and special education programming options.